Tuesday, May 20, 2008

17 weeks!!!




Wow... I took a little sebatical there from writing another blog! I guess it is because we didn't have fun pictures anymore to show. So let's see, we have now heard the baby's heart beat twice (once at 12 weeks, and just recently last week at our 16 week appt). We had a little squirmer at 12 weeks because every time the doppler machine would touch my tummy... that little bugger would move so we could never get a clear reading. Little Lenhart decided to cooperate at the last appointment and we heard a solid 150 bpm heart rate which is smack dab in the middle of PERFECT range. So far, so healthy! Matt and I are really eager to get these next three weeks over with because as of June 13th we should know what the sex is (well...that is if Little Lenhart decides not to cross his/her legs the whole ultrasound!) The good news is, if we have an uncooperative baby the first time, we have another fetal echo cardiogram with ultrasound two weeks later. I don't mean to sound scary...it's just a precautionary test because my momma had a congenital heart defect that could have been passed down to my baby. Just want to make sure we have no holes in the heart! I said...hmmmm, that would probably be a good thing to check out! So, we have to chances to find out if we have a little weeney or not down there on Little Lenhart. Matt is still desiring to have a boy first, and I have become COMPLETELY impartial to either. Truly, I feel as though I am having a boy... just a momma's hunch. I am only gaining so far in the belly (not the usual muffin top location) and have had a really easy pregnancy so far. But who knows... those little myths sometimes don't pan out. We are both just excited to know we have a healthy baby!

Matt continues to work hard on finishing the basement for two reasons...one, he has deadlines with the baby coming, and two, he needs a place to crash and drink beer once the baby is here! Haha! I think he fears too, that once we know the sex, I am going to MAKE him start working on the nursery. We are going to go broke because I will finally be able to start buying nursery things and CLOTHES! YAY! I haven't bought a single outfit yet!

The other news is that Little Lenhart had it's first trip to Mexico...and first encounter with Montezuma's revenge! We went down about a week ago (didn't have the greatest time, but yet still relaxing), and Little Lenhart thought it would be the perfect time to have a growth spurt! Now this would all be okay, except for the fact that we were down there for a wedding (that I was in) and had a dress fitting a week and a half before the wedding. Thought that would be close enough to the wedding...but um, no. It took 3 girls to zip me into my dress. That honory Little Lenhart! Just wanted to make mama suck in as much as possible (hard to do when your belly doesn't suck in anymore!) But we made it without any ripping or tearing and the wedding went on as planned. I think Little Lenhart is just ready for mommy to feel better in the tummy department.

Last but certainly not least... I felt Little Lenhart tickle me last friday. Weirdest feeling ever but I am sure it was the baby. I am enjoying it now because later on when I am told you get kicked in the ribs and such... it's not as much fun!

Well, I have carried on for quite too long so I'll say good-bye for now. Expect another blog shortly after June 13th...then we can call the baby Tessa or Carson!

No comments: