
Hello to all that continue to follow our exciting journey to being parents! Matt and I went to our first appointment together where all the question asking, poking, probing and blood work takes place. BUT... the best part was that we got to see our baby's heart beat! 143 beats per minute (which is apparently great). Isn't that crazy that something that is only 1.25 cm long needs it's heart to beat that fast to deliver blood to the rest of it's tiny little body?? Truly, it would be hard to be pregnant and deny that there is a God... it is just amazing that a tiny little life form could be growing inside of me and growing at an incredible rate. It already has it's spinal column and eyeballs?!? I will attach our first ultra sound pictures for everyone to see. You will notice that the round ball like structure is not our baby's head, but actually the yolk sac. It's hard to tell, but the baby's head is actually at the bottom, you can see a black mass (our baby's brain...phew, it has one!) and then his little body with a tail. Didn't realize we were having a tadpole! I swear, Matt's the daddy!
Matt has been an incredible husband through all of this so far. He has helped through the back pain, fear of fatness, fatigue, nausea (which now occurs after every meal), and day to day emotions that strike me at any time any place. He is a star and I know that he is going to be the most incredible father a child could have. I'm lucky huh?
So far, the only things that I truly can't stomach right now are bacon, coffee and lemons. Not too bad! I have had my occasional cravings... mostly just for potatoes (random) and cheeseburgers. Trying to keep those to a minimum when possible...sometimes it just isn't possible.
Well, stay tuned for more posts! Praise God for a healthy baby and a healthy mama-to-be!
Matt has been an incredible husband through all of this so far. He has helped through the back pain, fear of fatness, fatigue, nausea (which now occurs after every meal), and day to day emotions that strike me at any time any place. He is a star and I know that he is going to be the most incredible father a child could have. I'm lucky huh?
So far, the only things that I truly can't stomach right now are bacon, coffee and lemons. Not too bad! I have had my occasional cravings... mostly just for potatoes (random) and cheeseburgers. Trying to keep those to a minimum when possible...sometimes it just isn't possible.
Well, stay tuned for more posts! Praise God for a healthy baby and a healthy mama-to-be!

3 comments:
Grammy and Papa are already excited by the sight of this little Lenhart!!! We are in constant prayer!! Love you guys!
If you think the cravings for cheeseburgers are bad now, just wait....I was at sonic burger almost every day!! And I would "Sonic size" everything!
HOORAY!!! Oh, I'm so excited now to stalk you daily with your new blog! Frequent (as in daily) updates would be welcomed. ;-) We are so so happy for you both and cannot wait to meet this little baby. Love you, Jenna!
Elsa
Post a Comment